Non Immigrant Visas - Temporary Visas

Immigration Lawyers

Los Angeles Non Immigration Visa Lawyer

Most foreign nationals who want to travel to the United States for vacation or business must first obtain a visa from a U.S. Consulate abroad.


Foreigners visiting the United States temporarily for pleasure are covered by the B-2 visa; such trips can include tourism, vacation, visits with friends or relatives, medical treatment, participation by amateurs in unpaid musical, sports, or similar events or contests.

The Customs and Border Patrol officer at the port of entry into the United States stamps the duration of authorized stay for B-2 visa holders.

To apply for a B-1 or B-2 visa, the applicant needs to fill out form DS-160 and schedule a visa appointment at the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in their home country. Evidence of b ties back to their home country must also be submitted. Such evidence includes proof of employment, bank statements, proof of ownership of property, etc. We can help you increase your chances of obtaining the visa.


The K-1 or Fiancé visa is a non-immigrant visa petition that enables U.S. citizens to bring their fiancé and their fiancé’s children to the United States. In order to file for this visa, the U.S. citizen and their fiancé must have met personally within the last two years and intend on marrying within 90 days of the fiancé’s admission to the United States. Both individuals must be free to marry, meaning neither person is currently legally married to anyone else. They must prove that they either have never been previously married or that all prior marriages have been terminated by divorce, annulment, or death. Additionally, it must be documented that the U.S. citizen and their fiancé have met within the 2 years preceding the date of filing the application and have maintained a continuous and bona fide relationship for reasons other than for immigration purposes.

Once the K-1 visa is approved, the fiancé will need to appear for an interview at the U.S. consulate abroad in order to be issued the K-1 visa. The consular officer will review documents and ask questions to ascertain the validity of the relationship. Children of K-1 principal applicants who are under the age of 21 can be issued a K-2 visa to enter the U.S. with their parent. With the K-1 visa, the fiancé must enter the United States and then marry the U.S. citizen within 90 days. Once admitted to the U.S., the U.S. citizen can petition for the fiancé’s permanent resident status.

Investor Visas (E-2)

To qualify for Treaty Investor (E-2) visas applicants must be coming to the United States to develop and direct the operation of an enterprise in which the applicant has invested a substantial amount of capital.

Treaty Investor (E-2) visas are for citizens of countries with which the United States maintains treaties of commerce. The following are the Spanish speaking countries that maintain treaties with the United States and whose citizens can participate in the E-2 visa program: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, and Spain.

The spouse and unmarried children (under 21 years of age) of treaty investors, or employees of enterprises may receive dependent E visas in order to accompany their spouse or parent. They are not required to have the same nationality as the principal applicant to obtain an E visa.

E visas permit the investor and his or her family to live in the United States during the period of stay authorized by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). E visas are nonimmigrant visas; consequently, visa holders are allowed to live in the United States only so long as the conditions under which the visa was granted remain valid. Dependents are not authorized to work in the U.S. unless they receive explicit authorization to do so from DHS-USCIS in the United States.

You do not qualify for this Non Immigration Visa if you have been living in the United States undocumented or if you have overstayed your visa for more than six months.

If you have additional questions or need more information call us today at (818)506-0070 Free consultation with an Immigration Lawyer. Also, we offer payment plans.