Waiver - Provisional Unlawful Presence

Immigration Lawyers


In order to obtain U.S. permanent resident status, otherwise known as a green card, through adjustment of status or consular processing, you must be qualified and "admissible" to the United States.

This means that you have not been convicted of particular crimes, immigration fraud or immigration status violations. If you have, you may be "inadmissible" to the United States, and therefore ineligible for a permanent resident status or to receive an immigrant visa.

If you have a spouse or a parent who is a U.S. citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (LPR), you may be eligible to file an I-601 or I-601A application to waive your inadmissibility and obtain the visa or green card.

You must prove that your relative would suffer extreme hardship if you are not allowed to obtain your permanent residency.

If you have additional questions or need more information call us today at (818)506-0070 Free consultation with an Immigration Lawyer. Also, we offer payment plans.